Thursday, April 19, 2007

We have some catching up to do.

I guess you could use one of those old socks filled with beans or rice like my dad does but Odie just seems to work alot better. We already had two cats, one dog, two birds and two hamsters at the time. Tonya decided that we need minature weener dog to boot. At first I was a little angry that she spent $$$$$ on him but as time progressed I grew to love him. Going to school and working full time can stress you out a bit and I have to admit my neck did get a little sore. Odie works pretty well if you put him behind your neck and let him sit for about 15 minutes. After about 15 minutes he warms up to a comfortable 100 degrees. I know it takes longer than a microwave but he is softer than one of my dads old socks and most likely smells better.





I can never go small when it comes to getting a christmas tree. Actually Zac picked this one out. Thats a ten foot ladder in the background. I felt like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when we cut that bad boy down. I am an experienced christmas tree cutter. I don't use those saws that they hand out to every Tom Dick and Harry. I use a chainsaw. It's me against the tree! If those tree's had legs they would run away when they saw me coming. I have my lumber jack shirt on with my black stocking cap and I am ready for action.


2 comments:

devonne said...

that's a cute picture with granpa

markandjoanne said...

Seeing the chain saw reminds me of the joke that my dad would always tell about the guy who went to the chain saw store to return the saw he bought because it "just really wasn't saving him time" over his old manual saw. The salesman then said "Well, lets take a look and see if there is some problem" and took the man and his saw out back to a pile of wood. He then pulled the cord to start it, and when it roared to life, the man said - "What's that noise?".