Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter thanks and additions to the family.

Today is truly a day of miracles. Today we celebrate the fact that Christ arose from the dead after taking upon Himself all of the sins of the world. Although tradition states that Thanksgiving is the day of giving thanks, I believe that it is more fitting to do so on Easter. It is because of the resurrection of Christ that we have hope both in life and in death.

That said, it is a perfect day to log my first entry on this blog. I want to start my day, every day, with the positive, not the negative. It is easy for me to feel down these days but I am reminded of what Dad used to say when I was worried or troubled (paraphrased): "As a Christian your worries belong to God." Stated another way, when you take your cares and concerns to the altar, don't pick them up again when you leave.

Here's a couple of the positive events in my life:

Last June, Emma married Daniel Denman. Daniel is currently serving our country in the US Air Force and I couldn't be prouder of him if he was my own son. (You can see Emma's entry on this blog.) I know several of you reading this haven't seen all of my girls for awhile so here's a picture from the wedding.

It fills me with pride when I see this picture. All of my daughters have grown into beautiful young women.



Another event is coming soon, next month, in fact. I will be a grandpa for the second time in May. Alesta and Tyler are expecting Maddy to arrive around May 20th. To welcome her into this world, a party was held at Devonne's house. I was there to help keep my grandson, Billie, occupied. This is Patty and me with Alesta. Billie is in the foreground.

This was another of those rare occasions where all of my girls were together.


Finally, here's the guest of honor, Madison. Think she has my eyes, Don't you?

2 comments:

markandjoanne said...

Your eyes? Well, maybe a little. What a wonderful picture of the girls! Although I am beginning to accept the fact that I am now 40-years old, I think it is even more difficult to realize that they are all so grown up. Doesn't seem that long ago that they were all showing me around their basement bedrooms in the house in Manchester.

Mark

Alesta Leigh said...

Thank you for posting this Dad. I just cannot seem to figure out this thing. But I think I finally got it. We'll see. Love you.