Thursday, April 12, 2007

climbing at red rocks

hi there everybody!

I just got back from a vacation on tuesday and saw this blog thing, so here goes. I will now attempt to use this new and exciting resource to share a few pictures and stories from my trip with you all. For those that don't know I have really been getting into rock climbing lately, so it was the goal of this particular trip.

here is my friend rob and I at the airport real early in the morning.








Red rock canyon is in Las Vegas about twenty minutes from the strip.

this is a shot of the rocks as we drove up
(I really like the sky in this one)















Yep, that's me up there, leading the first climb of the trip! It was very steep and scary and I loved it. well ok maybe it's sort of a love hate thing.










I definitely loved margaritas at the pool afterwards though. That is the stratosphere tower behind me. I think it is only a shade whiter than I am.









I just thought this was a really cool half-burnt tree (especially with the background.)



so that is the short version there are about 150 more pictures here if you are interested.

later
-c

4 comments:

markandjoanne said...

Wax Whoopee!

Emma Denman said...

HOLY COW!!! I haven't seen or talked to you in YEARS!!! Sounds like a good vacation... :)

devonne said...

i love the picture of the half burned tree! awsome shot. sounds like a good time, i'm glad you joined the blogger. it's nice to see what you are up to.

Dietzman Family said...

Chris, that looked like ALOT of fun and a pretty strenuous climb. I didn't realize how beautiful that area was around VEGAS. Brian