Friday, July 6, 2007

Neon




What do you get someone after so many Birthdays?

Why their own Neon Sign of course!!!

I ran into a small run-down neon sign company in Hansville at the tip of the pennensula while inspecting a system next door to them. I set it up for them to make this sign which is a copy of Annie's signature.

I had Annie write her name out on a lie that I was trying to prove the the way we sign our name says a lot about who we are... she filled one page and figured I was going crazy.

The neon company (two old ladies), took part in a "drive by" art show with 10 stops in Hansville. So I set it up to "view" the show and Annie and I drove out to see all the art. As we pulled up to the show Annie took one look at the run down place and said, "you go look I have no intrest in neon signs" grrrrrrr.... It took some talking (I'm a Drew and good at that), but I got her to walk in. She saw this......



Annie walked in and started to look and spotted the "Annie Sign" right away. She turned to one of the ladies and said... "My name is Annie" and pointing to the sign she added, " thats my name" We, "in the know" are just smilling and waiting to see how long it will take for her to notice its her own signature and sure enough she gets a strange puzzled look as she says, "I even write my name that way." She then turns to me and it all falls into place as every one in the room busts up laughing.....hehe

It was a good joke on her and I still get a kick out of the sign hanging on our wall. Sigh.... now how am I going to beat that one next year? Hmmm....


Michael....




PS... some of the other creations at the shop.





3 comments:

Dottie and Larry said...

You've raised the bar, Michael. Happy (late) birthday Annie!

Alesta Leigh said...

Very cool.

Erick said...

Somehow I totally missed this post. That's a cool and rather unique gift Michael, good work.