Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To my Dad on his (54th) birthday

We don't always see eye to eye
arguments and sometimes harsh words
are felt with the heart, and not always heard
as god is my witness here i stand
to tell you i love you and not to demand
if i had a choice on what father to have
no better than you and that makes me glad
there comes a time when no words be said
and all anger is put to bed
the future before us sunny and bright
lead by Gods shining light
i felt it was time to speak my mind
what better way than in a birthday rhyme
billie says hi with love sent your way
hope you have a great birthday




love you dad happy birthday
Devonne

8 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

Devonne,

I want you I know how much I care for you. I love all of you girls but you were my first. As such, you had to bear the brunt of my mistakes as I honed my parenting skills. For that, I apologize.

I have many regrets about the past but I wouldn't want to change a thing because I love you girls just the way you are.

Thank you all; Devonne, Kelley, Emma, Alesta and Lydia. I am a better person because you are in my life.

Love,

Dad

devonne said...

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Alesta Leigh said...

I LOVE YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Emma Denman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you old fart! :)

Pat and Patty said...

That's my Emma. Love u2

markandjoanne said...

Happy Birthday, Big Brother!

Love,
Mark, Joanne and Fred

Ric and Cheri said...

yes, I forgot, well sort of I was thinking it was next week, even when you invited us out to eat, you rat why didn't you say something. Hope your day was a good one.

Love Cheri

Lydia L Drew said...

ohh dad
I love you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY you kid you.