Sunday, June 3, 2007

Back from Mexico

Hello again...I'm back from Lake Chapala, and I managed to take a few photos of my visit. I had a great time, mostly just lounging around on the veranda, but we made numerous trips into town, a couple trips to the big city (Guadalajaura), and one trip to a village in the mountains with a guide. Anyway, as much as I enjoyed Mexico, it felt good to get back to the Great Northwest and breathe that (sometimes) cool air again...also nice to get back to Tami, who was unable to go but will be joining me next time. Now here are a few photos I took.



Above are pictures of Yours Truly with my good friends, Lindy & Larry Pellegrini on our trip to the village of Mazamitla on the other side of Lake Chapala. Below are pictures of the Plaza (i.e., Town Square) of Ajijic where I have stayed on previous visits, and of course, me again, enjoying my last sunday morning in Ajijic. The Pellegrini's home, where I stayed this trip, is about 7 miles East of Ajijic, near the town of Tlatchachilco.



If you want to see more pictures, please follow this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/redrew47/MexicoTrip







5 comments:

Patty said...

OK....we have seen Rick, Lindy, Larry, Armando...the Colonel & Toby....Where are all the residents
in this beautiful land....Oh, I know..."siesta ole!"
PS...glad your back!

Erick said...

More and more you look like Ssamuel Clemens on a 'good hair' day ;)

markandjoanne said...

Although Erick is bang on with the Samuel Clemens observation, it looks like you are doing quite well at defying one of his quotes:

"The first half of life consists of the capacity to enjoy without the chance; the last half consists of the chance without the capacity."

Mark

devonne said...

glad you are home safe uncle rick. love you
devonne

Bro' Rick said...

First it's Colonel Sanders and now Mark Twain!! I'll tell you, I get no respect in this family... but Thankyou, Devonne for the kind words.