Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disaster for the Kirkland Kilmers.

As some of you may have heard by now there has been nothing short of a disaster in my life. while trying to renovate my bedroom for Cymon's return from a business trip I instead contaminated my entire house with asbestos dust. On this Saturday and Sunday professionals are coming to my house and decontaminating everything they can and destroying the rest. On the short list of things you can't clean are anything made of cloth like rugs, clothing, and mattresses and more esoteric items like TV's and Computers also can not be cleaned. As you might imagine this is an especially tough time for us since Cymon is in Prague. To quell any immediate health fears the expert I have talked to referred to Shiva's and my exposure as 'minimal' and essentially nothing to worry about though not recommended. Financially we can take he hit right now so we will be OK so no worries there but keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Learning tools, oh so many learning tools! Betcha didn't ever think your bedroom ceiling could be a huge learning tool. Reminds me of the time I wanted a pond in my front yard in Kirkland. I hired a back-hoe operator and stood by as he dug away. Before my very eyes, a disaster was created. Gas, electric and water all picked up in one swoop. Neighborhood evacuation, flooded family, bedroom, laundry and bathroom not to forget a heftly fine for not getting city approval. No scars, thank God! The same for you.

markandjoanne said...

That's terrible!! What in the world happened?!

If there's one lesson we've learned in all of our home remudling experiences is that there isn't anything that can't be fixed or replaced. I'm glad no one is hurt and hope you have a very nice (that is to say, uneventful) Father's Day!