Monday, June 16, 2008

Pink for Patty Fundraiser


This last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I sat out in front of WalMart with my Breast Cancer 3-DAY donation bucket and sold pink ribbon items - pink duckies, car magnets and earrings made by Patty. On Saturday, Zoe & Caitlin, dressed in pink shirts and caps, sat with me (and my donations increased!) On Sunday, people arrived after church and the donations increased again. Over those three days, I received over $1000 and heard a lot of personal stories from survivors and family members. I may return this next Sunday, since today my pink rubber bracelets arrived and I still have some duckies and magnets I can sell.

1 comment:

markandjoanne said...

Way to go! Good job on turning some of your time into cold hard cash to help so many. Hard to think of a better use of a weekend.

Mark